PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The purpose of this position is to take a lead role in the development and execution of a shared treasury service model as developed by Global Treasury and supported by the COO and CFO. The position will have the responsibility to refine the business plan and model, develop an appropriate legal structure, and initiate interest with financial institutions. NGOs, and government agencies for the successful execution of this model. The position requires an individual with extensive corporate and banking knowledge and an understanding of NGO field operations.
An opportunity currently exists for the development and launch of a shared service treasury solution for the benefit of World Vision as well as other NGOs. This entity may serve as a model by which NGOs can cooperate and leverage resources to provide best in class administrative services while maximising the efficiency of funds to the field. Current treasury staff does not have enough capacity to execute this without additional support.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Lead effort to refine and finalise a treasury shared-service business model based on the initial business plan, financial model and concept as developed by Global Treasury. This would encompass all financial aspects including revenue, capital, and credit considerations.
- Manage process to determine the existing pool of NGOs with treasury service needs and refine to a target list of clients. Work with potential clients to determine their treasury
function needs and transactional requirements based on their specific operational criteria. In addition this position will develop and execute communication and integration plans
to ensure a high percentage of targeted clients participate in the program.
- Establish formal relationships with financial institutions in the context of the treasury shared service model. This would include the creation of cash linkages with global banks
(i.e. SWIFT) which will include service level agreements (SLAs) and business activity monitoring (BAM).
- Coordinate the legal and regulatory structure of a treasury shared service. Various tax, ownership, and regulatory issues will require vetting to understand the impact and
ramifications for both World Vision and clients.
- Develop relationships with government regulators and agencies to explore establishing a minimum standard for the monitoring and management of treasury risk.
Communications with any agency would be with the advice of WV-US.
- As a member of Global Treasury, this position will participate in strategic and operational functions. The position will also serve as an
operational redundancy functioning on the east coast.
- MBA in finance is required.
- A minimum of 10 - 15 years of progressive, responsible experience managing and/or performing finance functions in a corporation or financial institution.
- Finance work experience at a Fortune 500 company.
- Direct work experience with NGOs.
- Work experience internationally as well as transactional experience with international corporations / organizations.
- Ability to design financial analyses at macro and micro levels.