PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Apply a structured change management approach and methodology for the people side of change caused by P&C projects and related change efforts, including communications, interfacing with the Organisational Development and Culture team of P&C. Work with project team/s to integrate change management activities into overall project plans.
Develop communications strategies and plans to support specific People & Culture (P&C) objectives, initiatives and projects, working with internal P&C clients. Provide communications services, advice, writing, editing and web content planning/design as needed for specified P&C clients - ensuring client needs are met and ensuring that client communications are aligned with overall P&C strategy and communications objectives, and Global Communications standards.
This role will be initially assigned to the OurPeople project and, specifically, the Recruitment Module implementation, so will include dotted line reporting relationship to Senior Project Manager, OurPeople.
- In support of designated projects [initially, the OurPeople system implementation, specifically, implementation of the recruitment module] and in collaboration with P&C Organisational Development and Culture change management advisors, develop change management strategies based on an understanding of the context and strategic purpose of the project, the changes introduced by the project, and situational awareness of the details of the changes and the groups being impacted by the changes.
- Conduct analysis of the audiences (taking into account culture, gender, age, etc.) impacted by the change, how and when the audiences will be impacted, and what changes in behaviour are needed in various audiences over time.
- Identify potential people-side risks and anticipated points of resistance, and develop specific plans to mitigate or address the concerns and work with project teams to integrate change management activities into the overall project plans. Work with project team to plan time lines and sequencing for rolling out the project and related communications.
- Develop and continually update actionable and targeted change management plans – including communication plan, key stakeholder/sponsor roadmap, coaching plan, training plan and resistance management plan - and be an active and visible coach to executives leaders who are change sponsors.
Include mechanisms for feedback to inform project manager of impact of change activities and possible adjustments in change strategy and plans.
- Engage with specified P&C clients, which may include both standing teams and project groups. Identify, develop and maintain a clear understanding of the clients' purpose, objectives and success criteria, as well as communications needs, platforms, methods to support these teams and projects
- Working with P&C clients, identify communications needs, platforms and methods. Develop and deliver communications (especially via email and online) and support clients and P&C in adhering to communications protocols and quality standards. Prepare written material (including document content, formatting and design), announcements (including complex, multi-tabbed email template content), Q&As, training documents, presentation materials (including PowerPoint) and other communications products.
Source communications services as needed, internally or externally, including graphic design, video, print, interactive media, etc.
Ensure compliance with WV Brand Standards, support ongoing development and maintenance of P&C brand standards, and support development of sub-brands for P&C initiatives and projects as needed .
- Engage with clients regarding needs for additional intranet content, such as team or project worksites, pages or sites for intranet content, announcements, documents and other content to support P&C project needs - both in wvcentral and in related websites, internal or external to WV.
- Work with P&C Integration, Policies and Communications team members to meet client's online needs and align with other P&C online content
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources and/or communications;
- Training in change management methods and approaches;
- At least 7 years experience in related field preferred, preferably in a global and multi-cultural environment;
- Experience in internal communications and change management associated with project implementation;
- Ability to understand strategic intent and change impact of the implementation of projects in a complex international organisation
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills - able to communicate simple effective messages creatively and in an engaging way through a project
- Ability to work with and liaise with technology specialists
- Ability to take technical jargon and develop simple clear messages focused on user benefits
- Strong interpersonal skills able to work with people at all levels and across cultures
- Project management experience
- Experience working as part of a project implementation team