*LOCATION CAN BE ANYWHERE IN THE MIDDLE EAST/ EASTERN EUROPEAN REGION DEPENDING ON THE HOME COUNTRY OF THE SELECTED CANDIDATE - NO RELOCATION BUDGET*
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To be project manager for the program MEER ED Improvement Program funded by WVUS whose goals is to increase the economic capacity of parents and caregivers to provide well for their children in target communities. The Outcomes of the program are
#1 WV staff in MEER have improved knowledge, understanding and experience with best practice ED programs/approaches
#2 WVUS ADP's have improved economic development programs
The project manager will have a primary responsibility for Outcome #1, but also a secondary responsibility for supporting and facilitating Outcome #2 (that is the primary responsibility of each participating NO).
Information and capacity building is a critical success factor to improving economic development programs in the region. Whilst NOs have been active to increase the ED programming in their ADPs, there is a strong need to supplement their own efforts with a coordinated approach to building capacity in ED through specialist training and assistance. The ED Improvement Program provides the opportunity to implement ED programs with the support required whilst capturing the knowledge and learning acquired during the process for further leverage.
This initiative will support WV staff in MEER, to gain the information, tools, resources and support they require to improve economic development programming and ensure parents and caregivers have sufficient income to care for their children. The program that will extend over fiscal years FY12 and FY12 will build a ‘critical mass’ of WV staff who are knowledgeable and experienced in economic development in MEER, and create a strong network between MEER staff that will support quality ED programming in US ADPs well after this two-year investment is complete.
- MEER ED specialist takes time to learn WV's ED best practice approaches and standards as well as other proven ED practices operating in the region
- MEER ED specialist works with all 5 NO's in-country to conduct assessments and capacitate staff in relevant models and other approaches
- MEER ED specialist arranges and conducts ED training and learning events for MEER staff in offices in this program (Lebanon, Albania, Armenia, J&WB, Georgia)
- MEER ED specialist sets up platform for MEER staff to share and learn from each other (like a regional ED CoP)
- MEER ED specialist identifies and arranges field based learning opportunities for MEER ED staff
- MEER ED capacity builder supports NO's to get the ED technical consultants for specific ED purposes such as market assessments
- MEER ED capacity builder hub specialists arranges for the piloting of Econ Dev Assessment Tool
- MEER ED specialist leverages learning's across the region
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Model a high standard of personal integrity, maturity, and behaviour in line with World Vision’s core values, Christian identity and policies as an example to staff and to external contacts.
- Tertirary (or equivalent) qualified in a relevant discipline
- Three to five years experience in livelihoods, economic development, and social development related projects with demonstrable positive impact
- Previous experience in programme or project design, implementation, monitoring and report writing
- Previous experience of supervising staff and/or evidence of leadership
- Proven skills in the capacity building of others, both on an individual and group level
- Excellent interpersonal, representational and networking skills and cross cultural sensitivity
- Computer literate in MS Word, MS Excel, Windows, email and internet.
- Self starter who can identify and solve problems with regards to achieving the desried Outcomes
. Practical knowledge and experience of value-chains