PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Provide leadership to and regional Advocacy /programme technical staff in the integration and delivery of services to ensure standards and alignment of National Office programmes with respect to WV Partnership Ministry Policies, Strategies and Standards and Asia regional strategic priorities, in order to achieve sustainable ministry outcomes. Serve as a champion and focal point for the Advocacy Line of Ministry through strategic leadership and active involvement with regional planning.
- Advise and support the Regional Leaders on advocacy and policy integration.
- Design and oversee the development and implementation of advocacy strategies which contribute to changes in unjust policies and practices.
- Lead process of review and strengthening the application of advocacy models in disaster response.
- Provide leadership to planning and coordination of public advocacy campaigns.
- Enhance World Vision’s advocacy capacity and focus in line with its mission, principle level choices and strategic mandate.
- Practice servant leadership and be a role model for the staff team, peers and others.
- Lead the development and implementation of advocacy secondary strategy and business plan in support of and in alignment with other regional and global strategies.
- Lead regional engagement with global advocacy priorities in addressing Child Well Being Aims.
- Engage with key policy monitoring mechanisms, opinion forming process to influence changes of policy and practice.
- Collaborate with the other regional functions to ensure that World Vision’s advocacy commitment is adequately and appropriately integrated within all regional secondary strategies and priorities.
- Participate and contribute to development of regional strategy and global advocacy strategies, priorities and plans ensuring that the advocacy and policy priorities of Asia & Pacific Region is integrated and prioritized
- Support the National Offices in developing effective advocacy strategies and plans appropriate to their context in alignment with the regional and global strategies an priorities
- Contribute to organisational wide communication and change management processes to support implementation of regional advocacy strategy as part of broader regional strategy and change management plan.
- Position World Vision in strategic engagements with key interagency partnerships to influence governments on implementation of key public policies effecting children
- Oversight on all regional Advocacy projects ensuring alignment to global and regional strategy.
- Approve project expenditures and contracts within approved budget and established Limit of Authority. Endorse to Policy and Programmes Senior Director for approval any expenditures and contracts beyond the LOA of Advocacy Director.
- Ensure staff annual plans and individual performance indicators are achieved.
- Conduct staff performance reviews and ensure individual learning plans are achieved.
- Guide and support the development and/or contextualization of WV advocacy policies and procedures in the National Offices and Regional Office.
- Collaborate with Policy and Programmes Senior Director in the hiring, firing and performance management of projects staff under Advocacy unit.
- Ensure that regional advocacy projects promptly meet all donor requirements.
- Motivate and lead the team ensuring open communication and integration.
- Keep the Policy and Programmes Director informed of accomplishment, critical project issues and status.
OPERATIONAL (TECHNICAL) SUPPORT
- Work closely with National Offices providing technical leadership support and critical guidance and input in the area of advocacy integration and campaigning
- Contribute to the development of global policies, guidelines and standards
- Provide leadership in contextualizing global guidelines and mainstreaming standards within the region
- Provide initial support to national offices required in CHE responses within the regions for advocacy integration .
- Support implementation of local level advocacy as a vehicle of community empowerment and sustainable practice.
- Support national offices in resource acquisition for regional / multi country/ advocacy projects.
- Provide technical leadership to regional advocacy initiatives, coordinating advocacy at national and regional levels on cross-cutting issues.
- Lead the development and implementation of integrated skill development informed by regional advocacy priorities, strategy and capacity assessment
- Share / facilitate access to programming resources to strengthen advocacy competencies and appropriate learning and support opportunities for national offices.
- Lead the process of continuous learning related to advocacy and integration of advocacy with other lines of ministries and sectors and themes
- Encourage mutual learning between National Offices within the Asia & Pacific and between other regions.
- Facilitate formation and coordination of regional advocacy forum ./ network that promotes learning
- Oversee research and analysis where necessary to support areas of advocacy and policy engagement within the Asia & Pacific Region.
- Support National Offices in ensuring adherence to policies, protocols and standards related to advocacy.
- Support Senior Operation Directors in addressing alignment with the strategies, ministry quality issues and needs related to advocacy.
INTERNAL LIAISON AND COORDINATION
- Act as a strategic link and focal point for regional advocacy connecting National Offices, Support Offices and Global Center to mutual support.
- Participate and actively contribute in the partnership forums, working Groups and networks related to advocacy as deemed necessary by regional leadership.
- Work with other members of the APR team to ensure that Advocacy is integrated within the wider ministry of World Vision in the region.
- Provide support to the senior leadership team, particularly the Regional Leaders and Senior Director Operations, in engaging external agencies in line with regional business plan.
- Develop and maintain good external relations with key regional advocacy organizations and networks so as to ensure that World Vision is well positioned as a credible and influential actor in the region.
- Work with coalitions at the regional level to help achieve advocacy objectives.
- Work closely with the members of the Policy and Programmes Team and other functions within the region promoting mutual learning, support and accountability.
- Attend and participate in devotions and chapel.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Policy and Programmes Senior Director.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Advance degree in Public Policy, Social Science or any relevant field
- Excellent oral and written (English) communications skills
- Knowledge on Child Rights, SAP, CEDAW etc..
- Strong interpersonal, collaborative, negotiating, networking and organizational skills
- High level of awareness of global and regional socio-economic, political and environmental issues
- Minimum of 5 years experience in public advocacy at senior level
- Work experience in Asia & Pacific countries
- At least 2 years experience with World Vision
- Experience in Conflict Negotiation and Management
- Travel of is expected
- This role involves the facilitation and coordination of a virtual geographically dispersed Advocacy teams in the National offices