*FOR WV INTERNAL CANDIDATES ONLY, EQUALLY QUALIFIED BURUNDIANS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY*
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To provide senior leadership and technical oversight in the design, monitoring and evaluation of WVB’s sponsorship and non-sponsorship programs and support the implementation and ongoing refinement of the WVB program strategy.
- Lead quality assurance and impact in programs through application of innovation and good practices, provision of monitoring tools, capacity building and control. Ensure diversification of funding and growth of WVB.
- Lead strategy implementation, monitoring and alignment including strategy tracking and reporting
- Develop and review technically sound sectoral approaches and strategies/principles that lead to community based and sustainable transformational development of WV Burundi programs in line with the Integrated Programming Model, LEAP, and other WVI frameworks
- Lead growth and diversification of funding based on NO strategy, by developing and reviewing concept papers and proposals for various projects and programs for funding in order to achieve WVB’s short-term and long-term goals
- Develop and maintain effective networking and relationship building with donors and support offices to establish partnerships, market Burundi and seek funding opportunities for the well-being of children, families and communities in Burundi.
- Provide technical support and leadership in strategy formulation, implementation plan, execution and monitoring to ensure alignment with the Global guidance and the regional strategy based on the landscape context of Burundi.
- Ensure that strategy drives programming in WV Burundi at all times such that PDDs, Proposals, Annual Operating Plans and budgets (AOPs) are aligned to the approved country program strategy.
Ensure quality of programs/projects implementation as per AOPs/DIPs
- Provide leadership to the mainstreaming of cross-cutting issues in all WVB programmes, in particular the integration of child protection, CC, gender and Child Well-being outcomes in all ADP assessments and designs.
- Lead the process of innovation and capacity building of front line staff, developing toolkits and resources for programming, covering all aspects of DME to support Operations and MQ team in line with WVI guidelines and standards.
- Coach and mentor QA and RD team, conducting assessment, setting personal development goals and providing ongoing support on tools and relevant training resources/material.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- University degree in International Development, Rural Development, Agriculture, Management or a related discipline. ·
- Minimum 7 years senior program development experience with an international NGO including very good proven experience in ADP program designs and proposal writing for large multi-country grants funded by USAID, EC, EU, European governments and UN agencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, including report/proposal writing. French would be a valuable advantage
- Ability to engage with governmental, NGO and other senior leaders on issues of justice, child rights and development and maintain effective partnerships
- Excellent community development & project management skills and thorough understanding of LEAP, the IPM model and ME Partnership frameworks
- Emotional and spiritual maturity and ability to lead and coach a team of sector specialists in Health/Nutrition, Food Security, WASH & Education
- Masters degree in Development or additional sector-specific credentials (such as agriculture health/nutrition education project management DME).