*2-Year Contract - national position, no relocation budget*
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This position is a World Vision International (WVI) position with the objective to support National Offices, Regional Offices, and Support Offices to generate resources contributing to achieving child well being and improving child nutrition. In alignment with the 'Roles of IM in Global Resource Acquisition' (7 Jan 2013), the Nutrition Resource Acquisition, Design and Development (RADD) Manager will formulate a multi-year resource acquisition plan, in consultation with all relevant stakeholders. The Nutrition RADD Manager will be responsible for implementing the plan in partnership with relevant stakeholders. The position will represent WV's interests to and develop/maintain relationships with relevant multilateral donors (e.g., UNICEF, WHO and World Bank), bilateral government donors (e.g., CIDA, DFID, USAID), and private sector (e.g., industry, foundations - Gates, individuals), consistent with WVI and WV Support Office (SO) processes. The position will work closely with relevant Support Offices and Global Centre Health Cluster staff (e.g., Country office, Funding Offices and WVI Nutrition, Health, and Agriculture colleagues) on resource acquisition, design and development in generating resources.
- Nutrition Portfolio Multi-Year and Annual Strategy development, with Opportunity Analysis aligned with WV Child Well-Being Targets (focus on #3 - Improving Child Nutrition) and with WV Nutrition Framework (including multiple sectors)
- Pre-proposal scoping, positioning and engagement
- External representation & management
- Internal representation & management
- Proposal writing and editing to ensure technical quality & standards achieved
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Masters degree in nutrition, public health, agriculture or international development fields.
- Nutrition expertise required.
- Public Health Nutrition experience in multi-sectoral programming, with strong knowledge of food security and/or maternal and child health contributions.
- Minimum 8 years related work experience in international relief and development in various geographical areas; or extensive experience in one area.
- Significant experience in grant program acquisition and management including negotiation, design, budgeting, start-up, monitoring and close-out.
- Demonstrated strong writing and editing skills and ability to communicate the value of multiple sectors to achieve improved nutrition.
- Demonstrated leadership, organizational, interpersonal, communication and analytical skills.
- Up to 30% travel required.
- Excellent networking skills with established networks in the nutrition health agriculture education and/or relief and development world.
- Strong skills in communication and partner development for resource acquisition with particular capacity to engage a variety of stakeholders from high-level UN offices
to industry to academics to field/operational staff.
- Establishes rapport with people easily, developing and maintaining a network of donor contacts. Ability to negotiate. Proactive in contacting others.
- Work experience within large organizations preferably understands World Vision.
- Effectively designed and managed child - focused development and relief programs that have evidence of transformed communities.
- Demonstrated experience creatively designing accessing resources and managing comprehensive approaches (mulitple sectors),scalable methodologies/interventions and evidence - based solutions to achieve child well-being
particularly reductions in malnutrition.