PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The purpose of the position is to assist the Regional Leader to provide strategic oversight and leadership to the NOs. The holder of the position will act on behalf of the RL providing leadership to National Directors and ensure effective management of ministry in alignment with WV’s Vision, Mission, Core Values and global strategic directions. Coordinate the proper support required from Regional Office Staff to support/improve all areas of operations including but not limited to: strategy management, people management, financial resource management, risk management, board and partnership engagement while at the same time managing the performance and effectiveness of National Directors included in their respective countries of operations.
Strategic Management & alignment support: 25%
- On behalf of the regional leader provide strategic leadership to effectively deliver the whole mission through National Offices and regional initiatives, in alignment with WV Vision, Goals, Mission, Core Values, global and regional strategy and priorities.
- Strengthen the regional unity (LAC as one body) by fostering synergies and cross-country engagement and alignment and contribute - where appropriate - towards multi-country activities.
- Be accountable for executive leadership in CHE II (Levels 2) responses, in liaison with the RL and regional HEA management for their respective NOs.
- Develop and build linkages with other organizations that facilitate the effective delivery of ministry.
Accountability & Stewardship: 15%
- Ensure alignment of National Office strategies to Regional strategy and propose their approval to the RL.
- Ensure effective operations, ministry delivery and alignment of National Offices.
- Recommend to the RL approval of changes in country structures and in composition of Senior Leadership Team members.
- Monitor strategy implementation for relevant offices to maximize quality of ministry.
- Monitor alignment of Partnership policies and standards for relevant offices.
- Be accountable for the implementation of Peer Review and Audit processes and recommendations for relevant offices.
- Recommend to the RL approval of country operating plans, budgets and major capital expenditures.
- Ensure planning processes enable National Offices to use available resources in the best way to carry out agreed upon country strategies.
- Contribute to the regional learning agenda promoting the implementation of Learning Centers, Communities of Practices and working with NO on Innovation initiatives
Leadership Development and performance management: 25%
- Manage performance of National Directors by regularly assessing, challenging and supporting them (by distance and through periodic on-site travel) in line with WV leadership development strategy and in close coordination with the RL.
- Mentor, develop and guide National Directors in the areas of strategy, governance, policy and protection of the WV brand and reputation.
- Create enabling environment through supervision, coaching, mentoring, and on-site observation of outcomes to ensure effectiveness of ND.
- Ensure succession planning for National Directors, their SMT members and own position, by identifying women and men with demonstrated potential for future LACRO and partnership leadership and support their development.
- Together with National Directors and the regional P&C, develop and guide the SMT members and participants of the regional leadership development programme and talent pool.
- Participate in recruitment, orientation, development and transition of NDs and NO-SMT members.
Organizational Culture “promote the World Vision way”: 10%
- Provide spiritual leadership, promote the Christian ethos of World Vision in the region, and strengthen the spiritual development of all staff.
- Set an example in strong personal Christian faith integrated in work and encourage Christian growth among staff within the region.
- Ensure WV’s Christian ethos and values are properly contextualized in National Offices within the region.
- Ensure the highest achievement of ethical, moral and behavioural standards in alignment with WV Christian ethos, code of conduct and behaviour protocol.
- Support through prayer the life, work and relationships of the regional senior leadership team and National Directors.
- Role model servant leadership by personal example.
- Encourage a positive and open style of leadership that enhances teamwork and develops an effective performance management culture.
- Support organizational change and improvement at strategic operational level.
- Ensure the application of partnership conflict resolution processes to identify and resolve conflicts between various entities at the lowest possible level.
Board Engagement: 20%
- Together with the regional Governance Advisor support Boards and National Directors in the appropriate selection of members of Friends of WV, General Assemblies, Boards and Advisory
- Councils for approval of the RL according to Partnership standards and guidelines.
- Together with the regional Governance Advisor support Boards and National Directors in the development / strengthening of well-functioning General Assemblies, Boards and Advisory Councils.
- On behalf of the RL engage with board chairs and NDs to ensure accountability of National Offices.
- Review board and general assembly documents and receive reports.
- Represent the WVI President / the Regional Leader on National Boards, Advisory Councils, and General Assemblies.
- Carry out other tasks and duties as may be assigned from time-to-time by the Regional Leader.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- A minimum of eight years experience providing strategic leadership as a senior organizational leader, preferably within the humanitarian industry. Three years’ (3) senior leadership experience in Latin America & Caribbean highly preferred.
- Minimum educational qualification of a MBA degree in a relevant field.
- A minimum of three years’ experience managing a multi-cultural leadership team.
- Demonstrated ability to deal decisively with complex situations.
- Ability to travel frequently both regionally and internationally.
- A minimum of five years’ experience working with an Advisory Council or Board, either as a member, reporting to one or developing and advising an Advisory Council or Board.
- Experience in coaching and mentoring executive level leaders, either at a national or regional level.
- Fluency in English and Spanish is required.