*INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY*
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To lead and direct Global Internal Audit's (GIA) new strategy and vision around risk to each region and national office by partnering with key internal and external stakeholders in fulfilling the requirements of the IIA standards and the GIA charter, including taking a key participatory and advisory role at Interdependent Audit Committee Meetings.
To Act as a strategic partner to regional leadership, National Director's (ND), and National Office (NO) Audit Committees around risk management, governance and internal controls. Serve as a consultant to key business leaders to manage risk effectively in order to achieve ministry objectives.
Lead and manage a team of professional auditors in the region and provide assurance to management and the Chief Audit Officer (CAO) that controls are adequate to mitigate high and medium risk to the partnership.
- Represent the CAO/GIA as a member of the local (NO) Audit Committee, including being contributing members of the Integrity and Protection Hotline and Regional Risk Management committees and meetings.
- Lead and manage the internal audit function within the region including directly leading audit assignments and activities of the intermediate and branch auditors by ensuring that a risk based audit plans are developed and implemented. This includes coordinating reviews, investigations at the regional level.
- Coordinate the external audit function
- Engage in the hiring and management of NO audit staff.
- Assessing the level of capacity and provide necessary coaching and training where required of NO audit staff.
- Act as a strategic partner by championing innovation, implementing MWRAP/risk based auditing throughout the region including leading and directing the strategic direction of GIA at the regional audit level, and joining the Regional and National Office leadership in identifying potential risk areas through appropriate reporting and quality controls (e.g. financial, operational, reputational) that can impact WV's ability to reach the needs of the children and communities it serves and work together on controls around risk areas.
- Oversee and manage monthly and quarterly reporting to GIA and the region by ensuring audit team provides timely reports that are reviewed and delivered within the audit scheduled time-frames established.
- Consult, advise, and partner with regional leadership and ND's (including NO audit teams) around governance and risk management strategies.
- Oversee the regional resources allocation and planning execution and quality control over audit.
- Partner with corporate risk and control functions to ensure activities are aligned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelors degree in Audit, Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Cross Cultural experience.
- Good command of spoken and written English.
- Ability to travel up to 40%.
- Must continue with professional development and education to maintain certifications.
- MA in Audit Accounting or Finance.
- Public Accounting experience.
- Spanish French or Portuguese.
- 5+ years of risk based audit experience.