PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To provide leadership and management on all aspects of the organization’s human resource and organizational development functions ensuring the National Office applies the good practice of stewardship by adequately and timely complying to the partnership’s recruitment procedures and guidelines and maximizing utilization of the resources for which they are budgeted for at all levels in the organization; Advise, facilitate and support the country leadership team in establishing country strategies and create organizational culture that encourages and rewards continuous learning and innovation, and which is firmly rooted in WVI’s Vision, Mission and Core Values. The position reports in a matrix to the National Director based in Mali & The Regional People & Culture Director based in Dakar, Senegal.
Develop and facilitate fair and effective recruitment & selection process in WV Mali(including job analyses, job descriptions, and recruitment procedures) in line with Regional resourcing standards.
- Develop country Human Resources (HR) strategic plan in line with Global P&C strategy & Regional P&C priorities & WV Malil business strategy
- Develop annual P&C program implementation plan & budget
- Liaise and attend Trade disputes; represent the organization in proceedings of the Industrial Court and all Ministry of Labour Arbitration, where WV Mali is an interested party in line with Mali’s Labour Laws.
- Embed a culture of effective performance management that is in line with WVI’s Coaching for Performance (CFP) principles
- Develop, review and update human resource policies, procedures and systems and ensure that it is within national and WV Partnership standards.
- Manage compensation & benefits in line with WV Global Total Rewards Policy
- Lead, develop and facilitate effective corrective action procedures in WVM – including resolution of staff conflicts and grievances, and ensuring that staff have access to appropriate counselling interventions, as required.
- Ensure appropriate staff support and care through various relevant initiatives including the implementation of a Staff Care Management/ Peer Support Program.
- Establish a human resource information system that will ensure confidentiality and systematic documentation of information to enhance management decisions
- Network with other NGOs and organizations and identify potential resources that could contribute to WVM’s initiatives.
- Effectively participate as a member of the National Senior Leadership team. Effectively participate as a member of the Regional People & Culture Leadership Forum
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Masters degree preferably in Human Resources/Occupational Psychology, Business Administration with specialisation in HR or relevant equivalent
- Knowledge of and/or experience across the portfolio desirable as a generalist HR background. The following specific experience would be beneficial:
- At least 8 years related HR leadership experience
- Has managed a sizeable team successfully & has carried responsibility for developing staff.
- Has a special interest in diversity & inclusion.
- Senior HR generalist with experience of working in a fast paced environment
- Has had project administration experience
- Human resource auditing, skills
- Knowledge and/or experience of implementing Talent management, diversity & inclusion programs
- Experience with work force planning models or systems
- Worked on the implementation of an Human resources information systems
- Ability to conduct surveys and assess learning and development program design and content.
- Training delivery skills
- Excellent verbal & written communications skills
- Knowledge and application of labour law is essential
- WV or NGO experience