PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Under the direction of the Operations Director, assist in developing and coordinating proposals for multi-sectoral & multi-area development, relief and recovery programs; liaising with potential and current donors to establish relationships that promote fund acquisition and program collaboration; providing overall coordination in technical assistance, planning, implementing, monitoring, evaluating and
reporting of assigned portfolios; and collaborating with other departments to
develop integrated programming.
- Program Development and Fundraising
- Work with field-based staff to develop concept papers and prepare proposals (including logical frameworks, draft budgets, budget narratives, and monitoring and evaluation plans) for major government, private and multi-lateral donors.
- Work with field-based staff to prepare monthly, annual and end-of-project narrative reports and donor updates as required.
- Participate in the design and implementation of baseline surveys, needs assessments, and impact evaluations as necessary.
- Assist in preparation of the organization’s operating plan and strategy.
- Assist in development and implementation of systems that will support the organization’s efforts to monitor and evaluate its programs, to track information on project implementation, to store vital program documentation, and to gather and store information vital to communicating project impact
and promote pro-active learning.
- Assist in monitoring program progress to ensure donor compliance and program quality and discuss/initiate, where necessary, adjustments to original plans in close coordination with the Director of Program
- Development, SOs and external donors, based on sound impact analysis of proposed changes:
- Representation and Communication
- Provide program updates as needed to key WV support offices, the Regional Office, donors and partners.
- Assist the Program Development Director with developing key relationships and partnerships with other INGOs, local NGOs and donors.
- Assist in drafting, monitoring implementation, reporting and signing of technical agreements with line ministries and other Government agencies.
- Financial Management
- Identify funding gaps and seek new funding to support the program as needed.
- Assist the Program Development Director on monthly financial reviews and quarterly project implementation and financial reviews, and follow up on budget adjustments (amendment requests) where necessary, according to donor requirements
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field from accredited university.
- At least 3 years of previous experience in project design, proposal writing and donor relations for an INGO in a relief and / or development context. At least one year of field-based work in a similar, conflict-prone environment is required.
- Experience developing programs and proposals in the following fields preferred: Health & Nutrition, Food Aid, Shelter, Economic Recovery & Livelihoods, Children in Emergencies, WASH.
- Candidate must have some experience with USAID/OFDA/FFP
- Experience negotiating with Government, Bi / Multi-lateral Agencies, private donors.
- Experience working in a cross-cultural environment
- Development: Strong knowledge and understanding of the humanitarian industry (relief, development, and advocacy), including how INGOs operate in the global and local contexts.
- Strong understanding of WV’s current ministry and operations.
- Strong networking skills.
- Broad understanding and in-depth knowledge of government and bi/multilateral agency funding requirements, systems and procedures.
- Excellent skills in project design, budget preparation, evaluation and report writing.
- Ability to independently develop log frames, monitoring and evaluation plans and indicator tracking tables for projects and programs.
- Understanding of World Vision’s Child wellbeing indicators, LEAP processes and templates.
- Excellent English language communication skills (oral and written).
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills and attention to detail in the development of written documents.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview, emotional maturity and physical stamina.
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts, psychologically stressful environments, and physical hardship conditions with limited resources.
- Ability to exhibit exemplary lifestyle as interpreted in specific local cultural context.
- Written communication: expresses ideas, thoughts and concepts clearly and effectively in writing using correct and appropriate grammar, structure and spelling.
- Computer skills: demonstrates proficiency in computer applications including use of Microsoft Office Suite, Lotus Notes, intranet and internet, and various software applications and databases commonly used in the work space.
- Bilingual (English-French)