PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To provide strategic leadership and overall coordination to the operations team to ensure smooth integration of departments and successful implementation of strategy and programs in the communities that WVIN is serving.
The Field Operations Director will require the incumbent to ensure that all field ministries of the National Office, TD ministry through ADPs, HEA projects, special programs and CS programs are implemented in an integrated model, under the key ministry pillars of TD, HEA and Advocacy, ensuring all activities remain true to WV’s Vision, Mission and Core Values. The position will be a key player in cultivating WVIN’s Christian identity and corporate culture of prayer, commitment and community.
As part of the Senior Management Team, the Field Operations Director will develop and implement the overall strategy for Ministry Operations, consistent with WV Partnership and Regional Operations Policies, guidelines and Objectives. He/She will give leadership to a team of professionals based in the field and the National Office. This Senior Leadership role will actively support the National Director in ensuring the effective implementation of all field programs, whilst working closely with the Ministry Quality Team in ensuring highest impact on those whom we serve. He/She will ensure all field operations are implemented in compliance with Partnership standards, policies and guidelines related to WV Ministry Operations.
The incumbent will ensure that all global partnership initiatives related to Ministry Operations are effectively rolled out in the National Office, adapt and provide leadership through a changing environment and build a cohesive function in the Operations of all ministry activities.
This position will be based in Kathmandu with extensive travel to the field location throughout the country.
Operations strategy in collaboration Quality Ministry department within the framework of national strategy of WVIN. 10%
- 3 – 5 year operations strategy that is aligned to overall WVIN & APRO strategy;
- Integrated strategy is responsive to the needs of the programs;
- Strategy translated to department objectives, performance indicators;
- Implemented National strategy for operation
Strong leadership and commitment in each Department; 20%
- Coherent department annual work plan based on defined strategies;
- Cooperation, open and regular communication between the departments in Operations and Program Development and Quality Division;
- Integration of HEA, Special Programs, CS department and Regional programs and efficient management of program services.
- Low turn over of staff;
- Appropriate security measures are ensured for personal safety and security of staff and resources according to the WVIN Security Plan.
High program quality and partner of choice by partner communities, Support and Donor agencies. 25%
- Close integration of quality ministry and operational goals;
- 80% of project proposals submitted for funding are accepted and funded;
- All projects have appropriate baseline information and design according to LEAP/TDI standards;
- All monthly, quarterly and annual reports are submitted on time;
- All expenditures are within the planned program budget; No significant under spending or over spending.
- Grant projects are implemented within donor defined program implementation cycle and standards;
- Consistent program implementation based on WV Bangladesh policies, procedures and standards;
- Favorable audit and program evaluation ratings;
- High level of community ownership in the implementation of programs in project areas;
- All staff understands cost, benefits and risk analysis
Increased capacity of department to provide quality service. 20%
- HOD have clear performance expectations and individual learning plans;
- Regular coaching of managers;
- Career development plan of each Department / unit Head;
- Department/unit Heads able to meet 85% of department annual goals and within time schedule & budget;
- Create working atmosphere that inspires and motivate staff to pursue excellent performance
High quality working relationship between WV IN and Government line ministries, NGOs, and UN agencies. 10%
- Timely approved Memorandum of Agreement with government line ministries;
- Greater collaboration between WV IN and government, NGO, and UN agencies;
Integration of Operations department with other functions within WVIN, Regional and Global Center. 10%
- Contribute to development of policy procedures related to Program operations;
- Greater participation in leadership team meetings and other team based functions specially in recruitment & selection and strategy development;
- Integration of programs to other HOD
- Established good working relationship with other key leadership team member and APR quality ministry team.
Professional & Personal Development 5%
- Demonstrating an understanding of and commitment to World Vision’s Core Values in the approach to work and relationships;
- Work and Life balance
- Career and Life plan and development goals consistent with World Vision’s strategic goal
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Graduate degree qualification and/or professional qualification in International Development studies, Community Development or any Social Science related degree or MBA;
- Have at least one Sectoral program expertise
- Understand the vision, mission of World Vision
- High critical, creative and innovative thinking;
- At least 8 – 10 years experience in Program Management in a complex, international organization preferably in INGO context.
- Developed people in a cross-cultural setting and initiated and implemented organizational change at leadership level.
- Experience in high level government, IO & UN representation
- Proven leadership ability
- Proven experience as a team player
- Demonstrated facilitation and collaboration skills
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office computer programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- A thorough understanding of LEAP/TDI standards Understand the Humanitarian industry
- Understand knowledge management
- Must be willing and able to travel nationally up to 12 weeks per annum.
- Will provide guidance support coaching and mentoring to Department/ unit Heads (HEA
- Special Programs CS Regional Director) and ensure a culture of collaboration and communication is maintained.