PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To develop and grow the WVA Health and Nutrition Program with effective management of existing grants, reporting and coordination with government and corporate donors.
Provide technical expertise in the area of child nutrition, health sector emergency response, malaria, mother/child health, HIV and AIDS and neglected tropical diseases. Provide representation, attract new funding sources, write program proposals and present to government and corporate donors.
Assume responsibility for the emergency health response of the WVA program.
- Design, implement and coordinate the WV Angola health and nutrition program.
- Establish and maintain WV and other best practice standards for the health and nutrition program in close coordination with UNICEF.
- Ensure effective grant management of projects and that budgets conform to donor and WV Support Office requirements.
- Manage the Provincial Project Health Coordinators and monitor their project budgets.
- Produce technical reports, monthly and quarterly reports on all current health projects, as required by the donors.
- Coordinate with in-country technical specialists and WV international health and WSH specialists to ensure quality project implementation, proposal writing and reporting.
- Network with key players in the health, nutrition and WatSan sectors, investigate potential project opportunities and write project proposals.
- Represent the World Vision Angola health program to donors, UN, other partner agencies and government officials.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proven experience of project management in Angola or Southern Africa countries.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in health, nutrition and program management.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Proven experience and track record.
- Knowledge of MS Office,Word, Power Point and Excel. Knowledge of statistical programs (EPInfo) is desirable.
- Willingness to travel as needed to manage the health program in the field.
- Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment and develop the capabilities of Angolan staff.
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts, psychologically stressful environments and hardship conditions with limited resources.
- Fluency in English and Portuguese.