PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Provide technical leadership in the formulation/development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of Regional and National Office Strategies to ensure the alignment of strategies and enhance organizational accountability and effectiveness in order to mainstream a performance focused organization as the concrete form of being good stewardship.
In addition, to link and integrate Child Well Being Outcome, Program Quality or Quality Assurance and also Global Strategic Initiatives into Strategy Management, particularly in Strategy Execution both at Regional and National levels across the South Asia and Pacific Region (SAPO).
To provide support for regional strategy development and Regional Working Groups (RWG) where key recommendations are made to the RL, requiring quantitative and qualitative analysis and synthesis of strategic issues and options.
Regional-level Support :
- To provide support for regional strategy development and Regional Working Groups (RWG) where key recommendations are made to the Regional Leader, requiring quantitative and qualitative analysis and synthesis of strategic issues and options.
- Based on RWG results, the role tries to recommend the Regional Strategy to leadership team and facilitates the implementation, monitoring and review of the SAPO Regional Strategy using the BSC framework and also facilitates the planning process at the regional office together with all Regional Department Heads.
- Provide technical leadership in the formulation, implementation, and evaluation of Regional and National Office Strategies and business plans or multi-year planning & budgeting to ensure the alignment of strategies and enhance organizational accountability and effectiveness in order to build a performance focused organization.
- For National Office Strategy Management (NOSM), the role also to provide technical leadership and supports, coaching and mentoring to improve quality of strategy management of all National Offices across the region (OSM Infrastructure & Readiness) and ensure their strategies are well executed.
- In addition, the role also accommodates and facilitates the exchange learning among Strategy Leads across the region thru learning media, information exchange, cross national office team works, secondment and other creative and innovative ways of learning.
- Advise and support Regional Office Strategy Management (ROSM) Director, Regional Leader (RL), Senior Director of Operations (SDO) and Senior Leadership in their leadership and engagement on matters related to regional strategy formulation, developing business goals, objectives & plans.
- Advise and support ROSM Director, RL, SDO and Senior Leadership on strategic resource allocations linked with regional and partnership strategy.
- Support the ROSM Director, RL and SDO in creating a performance based culture.
- Support the process in designing contextualized strategy framework & process, establishing long and short-term business goals, objectives and business plans.
- Support the process to operationalize RWG by contextualizing RWG partnership guidelines, purpose and scope including models, tools and procedures for strategic resource allocation, providing quantitative analytical support as needed to assess alignment of resource allocation against agreed priorities and funding levels.
- Support the process in developing a contextualized regional balanced scorecard reporting system in alignment with global scorecard/performance monitoring framework.
- Lead the process of Regional Office Departmental planning process aligned with the South Asia and Pacific Regional Strategy.
- Provide leadership to the team within Strategy Team and also to the Regional Strategy Network consisting of Strategy Leads from the region.
- Practice servant leadership and be a role model for the staff team, peers and others.
- Strategy Framework, Process and Tools in South Asia and Pacific Region.
- Strategic resource allocation priorities, funding models, growth targets.
- Facilitate and support the development of regional strategies, business goals, objectives and plans ensuring alignment with WVI partnership strategies, business goals, objectives and plans.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of ROSM strategic plan and business plan in support of and in alignment with regional (including sub strategies) and global strategies and priorities.
- Contribute to development of regional and global strategies, priorities and plans ensuring that regional priorities are integrated and prioritised.
- Advise and support the National Offices on all aspects relating to development of strategies, goals, objectives, business plans aligned with regional and partnership strategy.
- Regional strategies, business goals, objectives and plan.
- ROSM strategies, business goals, objectives and plan.
- NO strategies, business goals, objectives and plan.
- Together with Strategic Planning Specialist conduct and improve quality of processes and content of Strategy management at Regional level, Regional Office and National Offices across the region.
- Advise and support National Offices on appropriate models, tools, guidance, procedures and linkages for strategic resource allocations, ensuring strong relationships are built with the strategy focal points and ensuring a facilitative, empowering approach is applied when building relationships and providing technical support.
- Contribute to the development of global framework, process, tools, procedures and guidelines relating to Strategy Management and provide leadership in contextualizing and mainstreaming these within the region.
- Advise and support national offices and regional departments in the formulation of the national and regional secondary strategies ensuring alignment and integration of goals, priorities and resource allocations.
- Co-facilitate the strategy development and review process in all NOs across the region.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to all NO strategic leads across the region so they can lead the strategy management processes in their respective national offices.
- Advise and act as a sounding board for APR leadership and management on organizational performance based on data driven information.
- Ensure that RWG recommendations adequately represent the priorities and needs of East Asia region.
- Contextualized framework, process, tools, procedures and guidelines on strategy development.
- Aligned Secondary Strategies.
- Appropriate Organizational Performance interventions.
- Cooperate in ROSM team and facilitate the work of the regional strategy management working group and RWG.
- Cooperate in NOSM team and facilitate the work of the national strategy management working group and SMT.
- Cooperate in GOSM team and provide supports for all their requests.
- Coordinate the strategic planning process at EASRO and ensure that all key stakeholders are engaged in strategy formulation and management.
- Create and implement quarterly business process to review progress of regional goals and plan of activities. Monitor regional goals and objectives ensuring that it is achieved within target schedule.
- Support and monitor the alignment of NO balanced scorecard to regional and partnership monitoring framework.
- Establish systems and structure to establish RWG and regional strategy (RSN) network.
- Facilitate RWG consultative meetings to create buy in of stakeholders, establish plan of action, identify deliverables and provide recommendations to RVP.
- Ensure that new initiatives are designed, implemented, monitored and evaluated.
- All NO have 3 to 5 years strategic plan aligned to RO.
- Target goals and objectives are achieved on schedule.
- Aligned balance scorecard of NO.
- RWG in operation.
- Support SAPR capacity building initiatives ensuring alignment with the regional strategies.
- Provide feedback to senior leadership on competencies required to increase organizational performance.
- Contribute to development of strategy related performance management system.
- Analyse performance gaps and recommend interventions for increased effectiveness, synergy and alignment.
- Ensure access of NO to training resources and support opportunities. These may include developing, or engagement of trainers, establishing institutional links, identifying opportunities for staff exchange or mentoring.
- Increased capacity of NO in strategy development.
- Increased organizational performance.
- Synergy between NO and SO, between department in RO.
Quality Assurance/Risk Management:
- Encourage mutual learning between National Offices within the East Asia Region and with the South Asia & Pacific Region.
- Contribute to establishment and use of regional databases and e-resources including regional good practices relating to RWG and strategy management as part of wider knowledge
- Facilitate formation and coordination of regional strategy network that promotes learning.
- Ensure the availability of all documents related to ROSM and NOSM in wv global media (wvcentral, etc).
- Facilitate the documentation of best practices and contribute to the community of practice and center of excellence.
- Common regional database for RWG and strategy management best practices and information.
Internal & External Liaison and Coordination:
- Advise and support leadership team in addressing performance gaps evident in the Scorecard.
- Support the Area Directors in addressing performance, compliance and risk relating to resource allocations and strategy management in NO.
- Ensure RWG deliverables and recommendations are within the defined partnership RWG mandate, guidelines and deliverables.
- Compliance to Balanced Scorecard.
- Act as a strategic link and focal point for Strategy and RWG connecting National Offices, Support Offices and Global Center for mutual support.
- Participate and actively contribute to partnership forums, working groups and networks related to Strategy management as deemed necessary by regional leadership.
- Work with other members of the East Asia team to ensure alignment within the wider ministry of World Vision in the region.
- Identify opportunities to collaborate and share knowledge with the wider WV Partnership, especially with the South Asia & Pacific ROSM.
- Liaise with NO and SO to match their needs ensuring even distribution of funding to strategy related programs.
- Develop and maintain networks with other INGOs, UN agencies, business entities etc.
- Clear interdependencies between RO department and functions.
- Lead and support Christian activities that enrich and develop mutual growth in Christ.
- Carry out additional responsibilities and projects as assigned by supervisor, including administrative and planning functions.
- Enhance Christian witness.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Master’s degree in Economics, Business or Public Administration, or any related field.
- Strong leadership, analytical, organizational, coordination, planning, facilitation skills.
- Strong negotiation, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Strategic thinking and analytical skills.
- Understand financial management and resource allocation.
- Advanced Excel and quantitative skills.
- Demonstrated collaboration & team building skills.
- Effective relationship management skills; ability to influence without having authority.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- A mature and committed Christian able to provide spiritual leadership.
- Ability to structure and manage one’s own work.
- A proven record of collaborating with people in a cross-cultural setting.
- 3-5 years hands on experience in applying strategy frameworks, concepts and methodologies.
- 3 – 5 years cross-functional management experience in an international environment, preferably in Asia.
- Travel up to 25% per month.
- Knowledge of humanitarian industry.
- Understand WV’s vision mission, core values and strategic mandates.
- Knowledge in performance management.