PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The person will work under the guidance of the new National Director and it executive team, currently leading the national office on a new path to promote organizational effectiveness and strengthen coordination and synergy along with a wide range of stakeholders in providing emergency relief assistance and sustainable development programs for millions of people across the country. The successful candidate will oversee a team of professionals that oversees operations for emergency and development grants and ensures strong management of grants, donor relations and ensures high quality deliverables. He or She will be responsible for tracking progress of grants programs/projects implementation, ensuring that timely and appropriate support is provided to field operations and ensuring that the strong technical and financial reporting requirements/standards of donors are met.
Humanitarian and Emergency Affairs (HEA)
- Provide strategic and operational leadership for implementation of WVE’s humanitarian and emergency response programs in and out of WVE operational areas.
- Ensure the WV emergency response and recovery programs, including development of appropriate strategy, structures, standards, placement of staff and resource management are of high quality.
- Ensure that policies, strategies and operational plans for building effective disaster resilience through emergency preparedness, response, mitigation and transition management are in place and that HEA teams are able to meet WV partnership and SPHERE standards, Red Cross Code of Conduct, People in Aid etc.
- Ensure that communities, FBOs, local institutions, government partners, and other NGOs are included during the planning processes to ensure programs are responsive to the particular field context
- Provide leadership to ensure program impact assessments and documentation and sharing of best practices and lessons learned.
- Lead Grants Operations teams, and manage and develop the grant-giving processes and operations
- Oversee grants management and integration with the other development programs and departments.
- Provide strategic and operational leadership for reviewing and developing operational plan for the Grants team to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness for managing operations.
- Monitor grants management operation to ensure high quality of grants administration across programs.
- Disseminate cross-program learnings to support efficient operations that further the goals of the organizations.
- Maintain functional grant systems and ensure responsiveness to inquiries coming from donors and support offices.
- Monitor the entire grant management process and ensure proper compliance to donor requirements and regulations, including with sub-grant partners.
- Train partners on grants management, donor regulations, and required reporting systems
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Post Graduate degree, preferably in International Development Studies or in a technical discipline related to development work, including health and nutrition, livelihoods, water and sanitation, etc.
- Preferably 10 years of experience in increasingly more complex and senior management positions.
- Successful and verifiable qualification in managing grants operations both in emergency and development contexts.
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- A high level of awareness of global, regional socio-economic and political issues.
- Strong empirical knowledge of the humanitarian sector including humanitarian charter, laws and standards.
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong oral and written English language skills
- Humanitarian programming experience