PURPOSE OF POSITION:
VisionFund is seeking a full-time Fundraiser Director to establish and manage specialised microfinance major donor fundraising programmes in Europe and elsewhere as well as establishing a Grants capability and team to attract funds from NGO, quasi-government and private foundations. The postholder will jointly help to formulate microfinance fundraising strategy with VisionFund's Fundraising Director (Asia) and in collaboration with the VFI Global Director of Marketing & Fundraising. To ensure success in fundraising endeavours, this role will act as an authority on major donor grant fundraising and will work with WV support offices to maximise fundraising opportunities to support VisionFund's microfinance work.
- Strategic Planning: Create, establish and manage a fundraising strategy, in consultation with the Global Director of M&F, to increase fundraising income in Europe and from Grantors and Foundations
- Team Management: Establish, manage and incentives dedicated major donor fundraising team to work with WV support offices to maximise income for microfinance.
- Expansion: Work with other support offices, as directed, to support existing major donor fundraising programmes and establish new programmes where none exist to support microfinance fundraising
- Donor Engagement: Engage with prospects and existing donors (major donors and grantors) accompanying them on donor visits as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Substantial proven knowledge and experience in fundraising or sales
- Solid verbal and written communication, Financially numerate and comfortable with budgets
- Able to personally deliver as well as manage
- Min 10 years in fundraising, development or corporate sales environment dealing with senior executives. Preferably experience in humanitarian, international development or financial institutions, and securing grants from quai-government or major foundation grantors
- This person has had direct experience working with high net worth (HNW) individuals and whilst has a heart for the poor, can fit comfortably in corporate boardrooms.
- Has experience of working with personal trusts, foundation and or grant makers
- Must be able to provide personal service to prospects and donors whilst not losing sight of the big picture
- Must be cross culturally sensitive as will work with associates from every area of the world.
- Flexibility on hours to contact people within wide time zone differences is required
- Networker, able to build broad and deep relational network and comfortable talking to donors, and audiences
- Based in UK or Europe, regular travel will be required to other European support offices or to industry or organisational events. In addition travel or to accompany donors or prospects to see microfinance work in the field may be required
- Ideally a member of a country or sector specific fundraising industry body e.g. Institute of Fundraising